In the event of the need to close the school in the morning, the site manager will contact the headteacher if the site is unsafe and the headteacher will contact the Chair of Governors, and a decision as to whether school closure is necessary or not.
We will make every effort to keep the school open but the health and safety of the pupils and staff will remain paramount. We have to consider the safety of the school grounds as well as the ability of staff to travel to work safely.
If the decision is to close, the headteacher will:
- inform staff and parents by email and/or text by 7.15am
- the deputy headteacher will post the closure news on the school website and the school Facebook page
- the headteacher will post the closure information on the Essex emergency school closures website which is updated at 6pm every day
In the event of the necessity to close the school part way through a day, the headteacher will:
- inform parents by email and/or text
- office staff will phone parents not on the system
- the headteacher will arrange for staff to supervise any children who cannot be collected by parents
If there is a loss of power we will inform parents by email and/or text message.