St Peter’s C of E Primary School - Uniform Expectations
We expect our pupils at St Peter’s C of E Primary to look smart at all times and to be appropriately dressed for school in line with this dress code.
We believe strongly that wearing the correct uniform is part of being ready to learn, part of belonging to a school community which promotes a positive attitude along with preparing our pupils for secondary school and the world of work.
If parents and carers wish to purchase items of uniform with the school logo they may do so at the website address provided below. There is no requirement to purchase these items. We accept the plain green jumpers, cardigans and plain white polo shirts recognising that they may be more cost effective.
We have some items of second hand uniform onsite. Please see the shelves in the school entrance. We are happy to accept donations for any item on these shelves. We also have some additional items in stock so please ask if you do not see what you need.
If we have concerns about compliance with expectations we will initially talk to the child and remind them about the correct uniform. If our concerns continue we will contact parents and carers to discuss.
Please ensure that all clothing items are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
The uniform required at our school is as follows:
- green sweatshirt/ jumper/cardigan
- white shirt/blouse or polo shirt
- grey trousers or skirt/pinafore (not denim or leggings)
- black/grey or white plain socks or tights
- in the summer, green check dresses and grey knee length shorts may be worn
- black, sensible shoes – NO TRAINERS
- no crocs or open toe sandals. If boots are worn children should bring school shoes to change into
- your child may wear a watch
- no necklaces, bracelets or rings for health and safety reasons
If your child wears earrings, they must be STUDS ONLY and your child must be able to take them out themselves for PE lessons. All pupils must take part in PE lessons, therefore, you will be expected to come to school to remove your child’s earrings should the need arise.
Make-Up, Nails and Hair
- children must not wear make-up
- children must not have their nails painted or wear false nails. No temporary tattoos.
- natural hair colours only. No lines or designs cut into hair. No Mohicans, Mohawks or other ‘adventurous’ hairstyles
- long hair must be tied back
- hair ornaments should be plain dark-coloured hair clips, ties etc
In order to take part in our PE curriculum, pupils must have:
- black/grey shorts
- white t-shirt
- white or plain dark trainers
- black/green/grey tracksuits may be worn
- swimming costume/trunks (no Bermuda shorts)
- swimming cap
- towel (all in a bag that can be carried easily by your child)
Uniform supplier: School Trends